How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

, I have a client, that owes me 10k I stopped doing work

Customer Question

I have a client, that owes me 10k I stopped doing work as the payments got slower and slower and then stopped. I have some items that were given to my company to aid with the work we were doing. the new value a year ago was 1.5k now in reality its worth under a 1k. I had given them some breathing space and then out of no where I am getting threats asking for the return of the items. Do I have any right to keep them in view of the 10k debit?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Yes. If they owe you money and you have their items, it is called set off. So yes you can keep it.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.