How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My house was broken into and a lot of property was stolen ,

Customer Question

My house was broken into and a lot of property was stolen , I am insured but I found it really difficult sorting the evidence they asked for in an e mail,I wasn't Abel to do pic then the written information next to it ,, on 4 different occasions due to size or unable to open , the email my claims adviser then passed me to someone who keeps saying I have taken photos after robbery , at first I had no idea what he was on about , but if spent all day doing the e mails once again and as I finished it vanished due to lack memory space so I got rid of them all cos my phone will take pic to add to e mail but won't add from stored photos the screen is over sensitive , I then used I pad to re take the picture in e mail, I have been told same thing and same question now 4 occasions by the specialist dealing with digital footprint, can you advise me on what to do please
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How much is outstanding please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Alex thanks for helping ,£12,600 possessions and damage to ornaments and scrated tables etc.....
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
You need to write to the Insurance Company, set out your position and make a formal written complaint. If they do not resolve it then you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can investigate your complaint at:
If that does not work then you can take it to Court. You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.