How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10774
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I have a right of way over a neighbour's drive. I am doing

This answer was rated:

I have a right of way over a neighbour's drive. I am doing some building work soon and need to get a skip. Do I have the right to put the skip on the right of way. It is not blocking anyone's access to anything

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

As you only have a right of way over your neighbour's drive, this is all you are entitled to do- ie to pass and repass over the drive. This does not extend to parking a vehicle or a skip on he drive. This would legally be classed as trespass, so I'm afraid you are not legally entitled to park your skip there.

I would therefore suggest that you speak to your neighbour to get consent before the skip arrives.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you