How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have been represented by a law firm but have been dissatisfied

This answer was rated:

I have been represented by a law firm but have been dissatisfied with his work. I want to go Litigant in Person. I called the defendants solicitors and they told they did not allow/ or I was not allowed to go Litigants in Person. Is this true in any cases?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What type of case is it please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is where we are suing a now disbarred solicitor for failing to properly manage the purchase of a property I made 3 years ago including failing to register the deeds in my name. I consequently lost 3 years of rental income.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just answered and it got lost! So again. We are taking a solicitor to court for mismanaging the purchase of a property in 2011 including failing to register the deeds which resulted in me losing 3 years of rental income

Ok - then you can de-instruct your Solicitor at any time. You do not need anyone's permission and they can apply to the Court to come off record.
Therefore you can be in person whenever you want.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What if the solicitors for the defendant still say "we won't deal with you as litigant in person "? This is effectively what they said to me today.

They can't do that. Once your existing solicitors are de-instructed and off record they MUST deal with you. There is no choice.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can they refuse to take my calls and insist I write only?


I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.