How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am in process of divorcing my husband and have issued an

Customer Question

I am in process of divorcing my husband and have issued an 'On Line' claim against him in respect of his half of joint loan repayments (I have paid just over £5000 on his behalf) which he is refusing to pay. We have been to mediation, he accepts he is liable but won't pay until I sell the house (which, with the loan is in negative equity). The loan is £71000 and charged against house, which is in my sole name. His solicitor now says this should be dealt with by financial proceedings under the Matrimonial Cause Act after the divorce. They are applying to court to strike the action on the grounds that it contains details of without prejudice negotiations which you are not permitted to refer to in court. If the matter is not stayed they will defend the claim and consider counter claim in relation to retention of marital assets
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Nicola

Thank you for your response. I have to reply tomorrow morning - as you are unable to help at this time please cancel my request and refund my payment of £38

Many thanks