How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

When my partner and I move in together wil my income be taken

This answer was rated:

When my partner and I move in together wil my income be taken in to consideration when it comes to child tax credits and concessions that she has? She is about to become self employed but will be on a low income.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What other concessions are you referring to please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is in the process of claiming child support from her ex- who will probably not pay anything as he is self-emoloyed. When the children go to university and need subsidy will they look at my income? How is the situation looked at from a legal point of view? Am I considered financially responsible because we all live together.
Just CSA?Any other benefits?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not to my knowledge.
It will be taken into account with the issue of tax credits. This is because it is designed for low income People. If you move in then you are deemed to be contributing towards the household. Therefore your income will be taken into account.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.