How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have problems with my husband and would like to know my rights.

Customer Question

I have problems with my husband and would like to know my rights. We own a flat together by his name and mine. He paid £30000 from his money towards the mortgage of this flat to reduce the premium which he pays since I pay bills & food. We have 2 adult sons who are still living with us. I paid for my son £40000 from my money to pay for a buy to let student mortgage. The deeds are in my son's name It is an interest only mortgage which as a guarantor I pay the premium from the previous rented flat which my husband has half of it, the rest of my son's mortgage I pay it from my salary. I am planning to change the provider next month as the fixed rate is coming to an end because I want to release the collateral value against the flat. I am planning to add my name along my son's name in his mortgage because there is no guarantor mortgage in the market anymore and to be able to get the loan needed. What are my rights in case of divorce? By law does my husband have anything to do with my son's house which we are living in now? What are my rights and what are his rights in case of divorce?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
May I just check which part of the Uk you are in?