How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

If I apply 6 month visa husband to join me from

This answer was rated:

If I apply for a 6 month visa for my husband to join me from Zimbabwe (before applying for a longer term visa next year) what documents will I have to supply in order to proove he will be going back to Zimbabwe at the end of the 6 months? We are planning a workshop in Zimbabwe next Easter and can provide publicity for this event. I have been advised that if we dont provide enough documentation, we may not be granted the visa for fear of him trying to stay beyond the 6 months. Is this true? Is there any reason why it would be detrimental to apply for him to come for 6 months this year and then to apply to join family living permanently in the UK next year when I hope to be in a better financial situation?
There is nothing wrong with him applying for a visit visa first and then applying for a spouse visa next year.
However, as a visitor, he needs to show that he will return back home after the visit and he may do so by showing family, property, employment ties back home.
See here for the documents required
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you