How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

The defendant in my claim has applied to strike out my claim.

This answer was rated:

the defendant in my claim has applied to strike out my claim. they have also indicated they will ask for their costs. if the costs are awarded what happens if i can't afford to pay them at once?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You can ask the court to pay by instalments. If you can't afford if you don't have to pay in one go.
Can I clarify anythung for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi alex

if my claim is struck out or summary judgment is awarded and costs does that mean i have a judgment issued against me?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.


if i don't pay their costs what happens?

Then they can enforce it against you by sending in bailiffs, freezing bank account, making you bankrupt etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

undertsood. who calculates the instalments?

The Court.
Does that help?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.