How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My mother in law is continually falling asleep during the day,

This answer was rated:

My mother in law is continually falling asleep during the day, which she denies. If I record and show it to her and her daughter am I breaching either the Data Protection Act or HRA?
Thank you for your question.
No you aren't. The DPA is not intended for family issues. You ar not required to register under the Act and as such you are not a data controller or processor for the purposes of the Act.
I hope this helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What about HRA and resonable expectation of privacy?

HRA relate to an individual's relationship with the State and has nothing to do with relationships between individuals.
JGM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you