How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71053
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have had inappropriate dealings () with a serving West

Customer Question

I have had inappropriate dealings (sexual) with a serving West Yorkshire police officer some years ago and because this is out if the 12 month complaints threshold the local force will not do anything about it he was on duty at the time and has also accessed sex line telephone numbers while on duty. I have taken it to the ipcc where I was dealing with a lady then a gentlemen took over the complaint and put an end to my complaint and said I would have to apply to the court to take it further. Is there any other way that I could get this brought to light and dealt with
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
If the IPCC have closed the case then there is no appeal from that except I suppose judicial review which would be extremely expensive and probably baseless.
You can always ask them to set aside deadlines but they don't do it often because there needs to be certainty.
You are not describing any criminal offences so there isn't any point in making an allegation.
I'm afraid that this is one of those cases where fortune favours those who act swiftly. Complaint deadlines are fairly vigorously enforced unless there is an overwhelming reason to depart from them - like not knowing the basis of a complaint for instance.
I'm very sorry but their view will be that twelve months is long enough to bring a complaint.
Can I clarify anything for you?