How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My husband and I bought my sisters house for £65,000 it was

Customer Question

My husband and I bought my sisters house for £65,000 it was worth a lot more but she was in diffs and needed to sell, We agreed she and her husband could live the rest of their life in the house ( her husband is now deceased). We borrowed the money on our own house to do so. We have paid the mortgage plus ground rent and repairs for the 6yrs.
We won some money recently and give my sister and her family some cash so now they would like to buy the house back at £80,000 and we have agreed they could do so.
We need to know do we need a solicitor and how much it would cost, also will it affect any one as far as tax is concerned while we are alive and after our death?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is the actual value of the property?