How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am owed a sizeable amount amount of money by someone who

This answer was rated:

I am owed a sizeable amount amount of money by someone who cannot pay.
However they jointly own an unmortgaged property with another person
Q1. Can I obtain a charge on this property and, if so, how
Q2. Can I then require the property to be sold, again, if so, how, please
Thank you
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this
Q1 - Yes. You can do this if they consent. If they do NOT consent then you must get a County Court Judgment (
Once you have Judgment then you can apply for a charge
Q2 - Yes. Once you get a charge you can apply to the Court for an order for sale. Whether the court allows the sale depends on the amount owing etc.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.