I originally bought the car from aspen care sales a couple of years ago and they said to bring it back if i ever decided to sell.
I moved overseas in oct last year so asked them to sell it for me. I am still overseas in sydney and its very late now.
My dad went to the garage today and said it was vacant. Nothing left - no cars, nothing. the mot garage behind said they left overnight over easter weekend without a word of notice and they havent heard from them since.
I have been in telephone contact with them since i left the car and they advised they had a buyer and i would be paid on 28th March. That never happened and since then I havent been able to get in touch with them.
They were a family run company - father and son and seemed very pleasant and accommodating - they have fixed my car several times over the course of my history with them when i owned it and they collected it and dropped it off each time so its seems odd for them to do this, but i can see lots of other internet based complaints about them now that I look saying they are fraudsters and they run their books out of the US ?
The address of the premises was:
Aspen Car Sales
The Old Carriage House, London Rd, Hartley Wintney, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 8HR
There is no notice as to where they have gone and the garage behind said that loads of people have been looking for them. Not sure if I have a receipt for the car, my mum was dealing with it in my absence, but I have the original reciept when i bought it and its registered to me and I have correspondence with aspen about.
I have since called hart motor company (located behind aspen car sales who do their mot;s and also did one for mine at the end of march). They say at least 20 other people have been round and the police and trading standards are involved too.
I also spoke to hartley whitney garage and they said they went over night - taking a full car lot of cars with them and noone knows where they went..........so it seems the police must know about it. Does this now qualify as stolen or can they just get away with it and trade under a new name ?
Heres one complaint i found:
DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR ASPEN CAR SALES IN HARTLEY WINTNEY!!
I don't have time to tell the full story here but basically, I bought a car from these lying, cheating conmen and they:
- denied all responsibility when it went wrong
- lied when I asked them if it was HPI clear (it wasnt)
- lied about faults on the car
- told me I would get 12m road tax but then sent a rubber cheque to the DVLA (it bounced), meaning I had to pay for the tax myself after getting a threatening letter from DVLA a few weeks later
- lied that the car had a FSH when it didnt
- lied that I had a warranty with the car - I didnt
- used every excuse in the book to avoid me afterwards; their computers werent working, their phones werent working, their email had gone down, letters kept going missing in the post, their boss was on holiday, he was at a funeral, on and on
DO YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOUR - IF YOU CANT AFFORD TO LOSE YOUR MONEY, DO NOT GO TO ASPEN CAR SALES IN HARTLEY WINTNEY, THEY ARE THIEVES!!!