How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10794
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My elderly friend has changed her will and her old will is

This answer was rated:

my elderly friend has changed her will and her old will is with solicitors she doesn't like as her late husband dealt with it. Also her house deeds are with the same solicitor. Can she simply write to the solicitors asking them to destroy the will they hold and send her the deeds to her home so she can leave them with the bank

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

The former Solicitors will not be willing to destroy the Will themselves, so your friend will need to write a simple letter to them requesting the return of both the WIlls and Deeds.

The letter should simply say-

I would be grateful if you could return to me the Deeds to my property known as xxxx

together with my Will dated xxx, which you are currently storing on my behalf.


Full name


I hope this assists and answers your question.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you