How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

If I have applied to set aside a default judgement on a

This answer was rated:

if I have applied to set aside a default judgement on a counterclaim , does it mean I do not need to pay the monies for this order was obtained through a default judgement claiming no reply to counterclaim,until the hearing to set aside judgement has taken place, which I am confident will allow me to defend the counterclaim. Is there any other application I should make other than set aside a default judgement to ensure other party doesn't make a demand for this sum , I have applied for no order as to costs . For example Defendants/builders solicitors have often managed to put a bar in place? to prevent me from obtaining a judgement against them without a hearing?

If you have applied to set the judgment in the counter claim aside you need to wait to see what the hearing of that is. It may be and I only say may be , liable for the cost of that hearing.
Whilst there is an application and hearing date the other side are unlikely to try and enforce it, there would be no point.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.