How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I purchased quite a large quantity of copper fittings

Customer Question

Hi, I purchased quite a large quantity of copper fittings from a company and installed the in on a project, when we filled the system we found that there seemed to be a very large number of these fittings leaking, on inspection we found that they were not completely round or slightly oval, we call the supplier who in turn contacted his supplier, who then came to site with his insurance rep, they took photos, I gave them some sample fittings and pipe, they then said they would send them off for testing, in this time I lost confidence and purchased replacement materials at my expense, this was nearly 10 months ago, I have been trying to contact them on numerous occasions for an answer on the claim I put against them and yesterday he called to say that he feels it an installer error but as a good will gesture they would make a payment of £5000 I refused the. With in 2 second increased to £8000 but would go no further ? What are my rights can I add at no point did they say I need to contact my insurance company that they would take care of this issue with the utmost emergency but it has dragged on for nearly a year and the offer they made is £12000 short of the claim
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know what the cost of repair in total is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's over £20000 Not sure of exact amount as I'm not in office at the moment but no more than 22000

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial. Over £10,000 then you can instruct a solicitor to represent you. The costs if you win will be added to the claim.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.