How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I lost the court case against my company, I was ordered

Customer Question

Hi I lost the court case against my company, I was ordered to pay 39,750. I appealed the decision and have now been given permission from the appeal judge to obtain the transcripts from the trial, which I am currently waiting for. Today I recieved a letter from the other parties solicitor informing me they have placed an interim charging order on my property and that my appeal has no chance of success is this legal ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this
Yes it is legal. Unless you have an order from the Court suspending any enforcement then they can seek to enforce the costs order. However if you win the appeal then they will have to remove the charge. But unless there is any court order that says otherwise, they can seek to enforce costs.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.