How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71141
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son is 18 years of age someone claimed on his insurance

This answer was rated:

My son is 18 years of age someone claimed on his insurance and the insurance company has said it is a fraudulent claim which we knew the insurance will not pay for the claim of £1798.00 they said their assessor will not say this claim is correct as no damage on my sons car. I have now today been given a courts claim from the court asking for full damage and to go to court what do ~I do
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Sorry, why won't the insurance company deal with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well they did and they said that afetr the assessor came to see my sons car they recognised my sons side of the story he scrapped her car but did not cause the full amount of damage she is saying as his car did not have the damage on his that could have caused it. They said they would give her some money for a scrape but certainly not what she is asking for.

Yes, I understand why they won;t pay but why aren't they dealing with the court case?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We are no longer with them we changed insurance companies as they wanted a lot more money than other companies we changed a few weeks ago when the insurance was then due.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have only received this in the post today so I have not contacted them as yet received it when I returned from work this evening

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I asked them what we should do as it had not been replied to by the claimant they said we must give it 3 months and then close it down if they had not heard from them. Instead they have decided to go to the small claims court do I fill out the bit that sayd I disagree on the court form?

Ok. That explains it.
You need to contact your old insurance company. They were liable on his behalf. They were the ones who refused to pay this. They will deal with it in court.
All that will have happened here is that you have been copied in on correspondence that was also sent to your insurers or their solicitor.
The fact that you have changed insurer is a non issue. The issue is who covered you at the time.
Can I clarify anything for you/
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No thank you, ***** ***** contact the insurance company tomorrow can I contact you again if need be?

Yes, no problem.
All the best.