How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I'm submitting an application to court suspend eviction. There

Customer Question

I'm submitting an application to court suspend eviction. There will be a hearing now. If the judge rejects my application at the hearing, can I appeal against the decision? If yes, what is the procedure, i.e. what form/s do I need to submit to court?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Yes you can appeal. You should ask for permission at the hearing. If refused you need to ask the Counter staff for an appeal form. Usually evictions are heard by a District Judge and this would need to be heard by a Circuit Judge.
I would be form N161:
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

And what happens to the eviction order, is it stayed until the appeal hearing?

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
It will be heard the same day. So it will be stayed until the appeal is heard THAT day. The eviction wont be put off until another day, but appeal heard at Court there and then usually.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.