How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My children and I had to sell up quickly, before re-possession

Customer Question

Hello, my children and I had to sell up quickly, before re-possession commenced. My ex husband would not sign the transfer of the house. He had to be sent a warning letter so that we could ask a judge to sign off for him. He immediately signed but the warning letter cost over £300. It was simply to waste my money and he succeeded. While waiting to move into our new home, I have been living with my 90 year old mother and the children have been living with him and his girlfriend. He stopped maintenance for my son as soon as they moved in. This in breach of court order. He should have continued maintenance payments and let me know costs he incurred at the end of their stay. He is vindictive and petty and does not recognise any rules but those of his own making. How can I get recourse on these matters without it costing the same or more than I have lost?
Anne Lewis
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Where are the children now?