How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12076
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

What is the notice period I have to give a tenant with serious

Customer Question

What is the notice period I have to give a tenant with serious rent arrears and lots of attempts to reach a reasonable solution of which none were kept after warnings.his arrears are nearly £1000.00
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
The landlord must give two months notice to leave and apply to a court for a court order if the tenant doesn't leave after having had service of the notice.
You can use a Section 21 notice to give the tenant two months' notice to leave.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.