How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 822
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

Can I take my ex husband to court over physical and mental

This answer was rated:

Can I take my ex husband to court over physical and mental abuse he caused me during our 15 year marriage that ended 7 years ago.What proof would i need?
Hello I am a solicitor with 30 years experience. I will try to answer your question.
Generally there is a time limit on bringing actions for personal injury of 3 years from the date of injury or the date when you became aware of the injury (whichever is later). So unless you have had symptons resulting from the abuse appear within the last 3 years then the short answer is no you can not bring a claim for compensation.
LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you