How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I paid engine to be replaced in my vehicle up

This answer was rated:

hello ,i paid for an engine to be replaced in my vehicle up front . this has taken over 9 months. i have been told that the car was fixed and nearly every day for this 9 month period then an excuse given that something else was needed to be fixed. i threatened them with th police if the car was not given back. the car was picked up on a flat bed lorry and taken to land rover near to my location. landrover has since checked the car over and found several faults and parts missing making the car unusable and dangerous. the bill is expected to be approx £4000.00+ just to correct and make it road worthy and safe.
please could u tell me where i stand in getting back any monies and what can be done legally thank you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.