How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband says if and when he leaves he can take the car as

Customer Question

My husband says if and when he leaves he can take the car as it is in his name and he pays the HP payments. He has no need for the car in the week and I take and collect two of our children to and from school and preschool which I can't do without a car. He also says he is going to take me off of the insurance. Can he do this? If I have use of the car after he goes, do I need to pay half of the HP payments? I pay for diesel costs each month.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
If he did do that you could make an immediate urgent applictaion for financial provision by way of the provision of a car for the sake of the children.
It is likely that he will still be expected to make the payments if you retain the car until the final division of assets is agreed
Please ask if you need further details