I am going to sue the Independent Police Complaints Commission

Hi, I am going to sue the Independent Police Complaints Commission for failing to disclose the reason I was arrested. They accept that the police did not tell me, they accept that they know, yet they wont tell me. I will rely on Article 5 of the Human Rights Law, PACE and the Police Reform Act 2002. My question is simply: (1) Which Court Form do I use - CPR Part 8 seems closest to appropriate, please confirm, (2) Which Court should I apply to? I am proposing to submit the claim form to my local County Court but enter "Queens Bench" as the relevant court on the form, OK? and (3) What is the fee - I believe it is £480 for a non monetary high court matter. Please confirm. thanks
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is it compensation you want?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no, the remedy sought is: "an Order that the IPCC disclose in full all information provided to it by the Police in the Police's justification to the IPCC of their arrest of me."

I first need to know why exactly I was arrested. I will then sue the Police for wrongful arrest is appropriate, but that is not relevant at this stage.

The Human Rights Act makes clear I should know why was arrested. The IPCC know I was not told yet wont tell me what was the reason the Police gave them.

Ok. Then it is a Part 8 claim.
You apply to the County Court. The fee is £280.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex, I gave you an excellent rating, did you not see it? (no need to answer)