How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a possession order granted on the 26 November 2014.

This answer was rated:

I have a possession order granted on the 26 November 2014. It includes a judgment for the Claimant (myself) for £3858.50 (rent arrears) and costs of £280.
Nothing has been paid to date.
The defendant claims Benefits, although I know he also works for cash in hand.
1. How can I go about enforcing this Order?
2. What will it cost me?
3. Can I also claim for the cost to repair the damage to my property totalling £4,992.36?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
1. You have a County Court Judgment. You can enforce by sending in bailiffs, making bankrupt etc.
2. The cost of bailiffs are £100. Cost of bankruptcy far more, £750 plus.
3. Only claim for damage if you have County Court Judgment for that. If you do not have that you need to issue proceedings against the tenant for damage.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Alex that's really helpful. I thought I had to take further action in Court to enforce my Judgment.

Do I contact the Court to engage the Bailiffs?

Yes you do. You need to fill in a form at the County Court to get the bailiffs involved.
Does that help?