How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

After loosing the case for £39,000 .I appealed against the

Customer Question

After loosing the case for £39,000 .I appealed against the decision, the judge has aloud me to start the appeal and apply for the transcript of the hearing. Whilst this is going through the claiment has tried to issue a charge on our property as I informed you on Friday . Now today he has sent bailiffs to our property to remove £44.000 worth of goods . How can they do this when there is an appeal going through , if they can do this what happens if I win my appeal
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you ask the Court to order a stay of enforcement at the same time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I did not I just put in the appeal which Is now going through

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Then they can enforce the order UNLESS the Judge has ordered otherwise. You therefore need to ask the Court to stay the enforcement proceedings. This is because as it stands at the moment there is a valid Judgment which can be enforced. Unless the Judge says it cant be enforced then sadly it can.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.