How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12080
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I need to sign over the house to my ex how can I do

This answer was rated:

I need to sign over the house to my ex how can I do this he all so wants me to pay into the joint account when I move out on Friday
Thank you for your question.
You need to see a solicitor to do the house transfer and a variation of any mortgage to his name would require the consent of the lender.
Whether or not you should be paying into the joint account is a matter on which you may want to take specific legal advice. Whilst the house is in joint names you are jointly liable for the mortgage and other costs but any liability you have may be offset in other ways, such as other expenditure, your respective financial positions, who is looking after any children etc.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I don't want anything to do with the house and I move out on Friday I can't afford to pay into the joint account what should I do

If you can't afford it and there's no court order ordaining you to do so then don't.