How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I am a director of a company alongside somebody else

This answer was rated:

Hello I am a director of a company alongside somebody else I've looked on companies house and have discovered that my partner has terminated being a director and the company information has been changed the address has been changed and I have not been told about this is this legal
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Companies House is just an administrative record, it does have to be accurate, but if the changes have not been validated in accordance with the company articles then they will not be valid. Both of these items normally require some form of resolution (whether it be shareholder or director resolution) - and the director resignation would need a resignation letter ideally if the director voluntarily resigned.
Have you downloaded the form TM01 and AD01 from Companies House and confirmed who signed them off?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you