How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Does the amount of property I own and savings I have change

This answer was rated:

Does the amount of property I own and savings I have change the amount I pay?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I own 10million in proprty. Earn 80000 a year after tax. 2 year old daughter unplanned. Never lived together. Provided housing and nursery fees. She has now moved out and is providing her own housing through independant means. How nasty could this get. Csa calculator says only 300pounds a week? Is that right?

Yes, that would be the statutory minimum amount assuming you used this calculator to work it out
There is nothing stopping you from paying more child maintenance if you wish to.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could she take me to court and realistically take me to the cleaners if she were unhappy with this?

Not over child maintenance as that is usually based on your gross weekly income but if you were to divorce, then she would be entitled to a share of your wealth usual starting point is 50/50.
All the best, ***** ***** feedback
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have never been married or lived together. Still 50 50?.

In that case no.
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
HiYour ex can in fact use Schedule 1 of the Children Act to seek an Order that you provide her with sufficient funds to purchase a property for herself and the child and that you pay for school fees and sufficient "extra" maintenance to ensure that the lifestyle of the child when with her that the child would have with youHowever the property will revert back to you when the hcild is 18Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that Clare, what if I already have a property for her to move to? Would that be iok? Guessing on the flat and if she liked it?

Yes that is another possibility