How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I would like to claim compensation miss diagnosis at

This answer was rated:

I would like to claim compensation for a miss diagnosis at my G.P.'s Surgery.
On 26/08/2013 I fainted and an ambulance attended,on reaching home my left foot was very painful.The next day I went to my Doctors surgery where they diagnosed gout.After several more visits I asked to have an Xray taken.This showed the big toe was dislocated.I was sent to Banbury Hospital where they operated on my foot and placed a wire down through the bone.After some time and removal of the wire and stiches the foot was still very painful so I returned for a further operation which involved cutting and reshaping the bone,which I recovering from at this time.
I have copies of my medical notes ect. Richard *****@******.***
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you had a second opinion that says they were negligent please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I have not contacted any other person .I have copies of my medical notes,report of my fainting,letter from the consultant to my doctor which I thought would be suffficient to prove the error.Richard Ongley.

Thank you Richard. In order to show that negligence has happened you need evidence. Usually this is from another medical expert that says X,Y,Z should have been done when it was not. So if you are sure there has been negligence or you have a second opinion saying that there has been negligence then there is a claim.
If that is the case then you may be able to bring a claim for medical negligence.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.