How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I havent worked the whole tax year will i be able to claim

This answer was rated:

i havent worked the whole tax year will i be able to claim tax back?
Hello my name iscalex and I will help you
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was medically discharged in October last year so I haven't worked through April to April and from the amount of tax I paid could I claim some of it back?

For the same tax year or previous tax years?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

April 2014 to April 2015 i was discharge October 2014

When you complete a tax return then you should get a refund back automatically if you are not due to have paid tax. If you do not get a tax return you should speak with HMRC and get one.
But if you are under the threshold then yes you can ask that the tax is repaid back.
Can I clarify anything form you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.