How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

JKGM, my husband walked out of the family home 12 years

Customer Question

Hi JKGM, my husband walked out of the family home 12 years ago due to numerous affairs and fathering a child with another lady, I have lived in the property since for 12 years and have now re married, My husband paid nothing towards the mortgage since he left, I now want to sell and he wants 50 % of the profit, Can he do this, Regards
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there?
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?
What income do you each have?