How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I wish to find my sister father. child maintenance payments,

This answer was rated:

i wish to find my sister father. child maintenance payments, i was told at plmouth court that liskeard held them. this was sometime ago. the fathers name would on them? my sister was born 7/1947. can you help with this . sincerely peter.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is your sister still alive?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Clare , yes she is still alive. peter.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes sill alive peter.

Has your sister asked and authorised you to deal with this for her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi , yes ,she asked me to look into it for her. she first thought it was an

american service man ,but i explained that they were all gone in 1947.

then a polish boyfriend my mother had ? sincerely peter.

Both are unlikely if there was a Court Order involved.
What details do you have of the actual Order?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi, no court orders involved just me going to where my sisters father name might be. only to be told it was confidential. is it still confidential as the law stands today? sincerely peter.

I am a little confused - I had assumed that there was Court Ordered maintenance paid and this whas what you wanted a copy of?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi,no all we want to do is find my sisters fathers name, his name would be

on the maintenance form which he pald money lnto the court?

i remember collecting this money ,about£1.00,for my mum from the court.

where i started my search which lead to the records office at liskeard in cornwall.

you mention a court order ,where would i find this?

sincerely peter.

Your first step is to get a written letter from your sister confirming that she has authorised you to deal with this on her behalf.
You will then need to contact the Local Records Office who may hold the papers .
However please be aware that they may in fact NOT have the records as they may have been destroyed when your sister was 25 - they were only retained if there was a specific applictaion allowing them to be sent to the record office.
If they are held there then your sister can apply for a copy as the child involved in the case.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you