How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71132
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a restraining order against me from a ex girlfreind

This answer was rated:

i have a restraining order against me from a ex girlfreind and i cannot come near her or get in contact with her i have moved on with my life and have moved on im now married with my new partner and was my ex keeps coming outside my house and just walking past can i get a counter restraining order against her or have it removed because she stated to police shes very scared of me or to go anywhere near me yet shes on purpose coming to the road i live walking past my house smiling with freinds and looking towards my door
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
You can complain to the police if she is making contact with you or loitering in a place that she has no reason to be in. They will probably give her a harassment warning.
You can ask the court to remove the restraining order but it is a bit of a waste of time. Even if you get it removed it doesn't deal with the underlying issue which is propensity to keep the police on speed dial. Even if it is removed there are loads of other allegations she can make against you to control you. We both know that women like her just making allegations to the police to control their partners and just not being on a restraining order doesn't stop that.
You might want to invest in CCTV. Then when she starts up the usual nonsense about you being controlling and sexually abusive and violent and generally a monster that eats babies it will assist your position hugely if you can produce CCTV footage of her being antagonistic outside your house. Like you do. When you are terrified. Perfectly normal.
Don't put up with women like her. Protect yourself by gathering evidence to prove what she is like. Do not want for the next vexatious allegation.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you