How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have an High Court order served against an individual

This answer was rated:

I have an High Court order served against an individual £2,000.00 + he had relocated was found and the High Court was served. He claims he has no money no assets and is in rented accomodation. Subsequently he has moved and at present can not be located. This man has history and has always said in the past that he has money in Cyprus and also the Revenue had raided his house and taken away cash to the value of £1,000,000 not to be returned until he could provide evidence of how he had acquired this amount. My question is as we (the courts' representatives) are making no progress am I entitled to request the court for disclosure? of the account in Cyprus nd the Revenue involment. If he has money in Cyprus or being held by the revenue is there a way to get payment from these assetts? your response would be much appreciated as I have no experience of these matters I am 76 and retired and £2,000.00 is a lot of money to me. Regards ***** *****

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
When you say High Court order do you mean you have a County Court judgment which you are enforcing through the High Court? Has the order been given to a Sherriff/Enforcement Officer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

"For Alice H"

The awnser to your question is yes, County Court judgement then went to High Court and then a Sherriff/Enforcement Officer has contacted and visited the person who consequently has now moved to an unknown address

Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You would need to get a court order in Cyprus following the UK judgment for sums due and enforce there. There is a treaty for dual enforcement so all you need to do is transfer the claim there and get it enforced.
The process of how to do it and enforcement there and their procedure I can't help with as a UK lawyer.
But you can enforce it there.
Can I clairify anything for you about this today please ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Thank you for your response re Cyprus what about the other element the money HRMC removed from his home some time ago and has retained until he can demonstrate how he came to have that amount in his home?


Yes hmrc have that power sadly.
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you