How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

There, pls l want a legal advice. l had been married

Customer Question

hello there, pls l want a legal advice. l had been married to my husband for 11yrs.but the marriage is not working out. he doesnt look after me and the kids.we ague all the time and sometimes it leads to him beating me. l hav got bruises all over me. my problem now is l want to file for a divorce. but he doesnt want me to take my kids wit me, becos am not working now. am a full time student.pls hw do l go about this. l cant leave my kids wit an alcholic father .thanks

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Have you reported the abuse to the Police?
How old are the children?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello Clare,

the are girl and their age is 10 and 8. No l hav'nt make any report to the police.we hav'nt got a mortgage. we live in a 2 bedroom council flat.

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Are you willing to report the assaults to the police?