How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My wife and I occupy a holiday let, we have split up and I

Customer Question

My wife and I occupy a holiday let, we have split up and I have left the property. The 3 month let expires in 10 days time.
Can the landlord evict my estranged wife as she is refusing to leave the property
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Yes he can but he needs a Court order. He can't just turn up and evict. He must go through the Court process and get a possession order which may take some weeks. Even then he must instruct bailiffs to evict which may take another few weeks.
But he must get a Court order.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.