How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 26070
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

I'm afraid my brother will end up staying in that house not

This answer was rated:

I'm afraid my brother will end up staying in that house not paying bills and when I go to court to force the sale that will wipe me out. You just wouldn't believe the amount of benefits he has taken over the years, far more than he has worked
Many thanks for your understanding. Obviously you will need to be cautious with regards ***** ***** flow. Bear in mind you do have an asset at the other end of the claim so you will not be out of pocket at the end of the process but clearly as above, you need to ensure that you do not run short of cash during the application process itself. There are a number of ways you can consider funding such an application: you could take out a personal loan or overdraft to give yourself some breathing room; you could contact a solicitor if you intend to use a solicitor who is prepared to work on a contingent fee basis - i.e. take their fee if you are successful from the sale proceeds if the property is sold or take out legal insurance to cover legal costs - some firms offer this product. if you are using a solicitor, you can discuss funding of the applcation before you begin.
Joshua and other Law Specialists are ready to help you