How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71031
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a ex boyfriend whom i dated briefly i ended the relationship

This answer was rated:

i have a ex boyfriend whom i dated briefly i ended the relationship 6 weeks ago and have had no contact
i have to to involve police due to him loitering by my home but police has said they cannot do anything as hes not being violent
i have had to shut down my facebook accounts email and change telephone number
and now its letters in post every other day saying i have to speak to him
ive done everything ive advised to and police have been little use
im a full time carer for a disabled family member and i also look after two children with learning disabilites so very low in come
ive tried 20 times in past 3 days to get intouch with local citizens advice for help
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i need to know how i can get some kind or restraining order from constant contact and unwanted attention from ex boyfriend

he will not accept its over and has bombarded my eldest daughter over facebook with messages and a picture of tattoo he had done last week of my eye

He thinks we are going to get back together his friends have all been blocked too as they were contacting me ordering to to go lee Mr Bretherton who i have no interest of wish to see

And as foe local police stating last thursday when i called yhem out because i was sat in darkness in my own from room due to face he was sat on garden wall 3ft from my window...hes just a little obsessed and in love as hes non threatening he cannot be prosocuted seeminly by local polce authority here in balckpool

You do not have grounds for a non molestation order on these facts.
You could seek an injunction at the county court using the Protection from Harassment Act. If he has no good reason to be there then that should not be unreasonably denied.
The risk here though is that if the police will not act then that tends to suggest there are evidential problems. Normally they throw harassment warnings around like confettii so this is an issue frankly. You don't want to incur the cost of suing only to lose and end up paying his costs.
The police would not normally prosecute for this but they may give him a harassment warning. If they are refusing to do that even then you should consider the merits of the evidence before taking action as it could be a very expensive business.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you