How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I have been with my girlfriend .5 years during which time

This answer was rated:

I have been with my girlfriend for 2.5 years during which time she divorced her husband, they are still in the same house due to financial reasons.
She claims to have a text from myself asking her to marry me over 2years formal engagement has taken place and no arrangements have even been discussed.I did buy a pair of diamond ear rings but she swapped them for a diamond ring 2 years ago, she dose not wear the ring.
Do I have any Breach of Promise issues?
Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this.
The right to sue for breach of promise to marry was repealed by the Law Reform (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1970. You do not have any breach of promise issues. If there are any financial/property disputes between you and her they will be dealt with as if you were a married couple. (eg over jointly owned property etc)
LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you