How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6466
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

Good morning! I'm a contractor and was providing (IT) services

This answer was rated:

Good morning! I'm a contractor and was providing (IT) services to a company based in Northern Ireland. My contract ended last December but I still haven't been paid the last invoices and my usual contacts are not replying to any emails. For the last 2 months I've got no updates or any reply even if in the past I've been quite understable with them. what can I do? Initially I was only asking for updates but I cannot take it any longer as they seem to ignore me and I'm willing to seek legal advice and legal action if necessary.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How much money do they owe you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Between €20-50K

Ok, what reason have they given for failing to pay you before now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing. They haven't replied at all. For the last 3 weeks I've been asking them in weekly basis for any update but no reply at all. Not even an acknowledgement of the communication.

Ok you should escalate this, you can bring a claim to recover the money.
You need to send a letter before action first to the company, you should give them 14 days to pay you or to come up with an acceptable proposal for how they will pay you. You Should make it clear in the letter that if this does not happen you will take legal action to recover your losses.
I would suggest you send the letter recorded delivery so that there can be no dispute to its receipt.
If they do not pay you or give an adequate response you can bring a claim either by using a court form or by using the Money Claim online court service.
There is a fee for making the claim.
More details of how to make a claim can be found at
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you