How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71153
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been charged with drink driving - I presume I will be

This answer was rated:

I have been charged with drink driving - I presume I will be banned - I was 78 mill. My husband and son have epilepsy , if my husband was to have another fit we would both be non drivers, we live in a village and my only way to work is in a car. What is the likely ban? Is there any point with the above info appealing - and can I ask to do a drink drive course to lessen the sentence?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Is this 78 in breath I presume?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
78 m is not the highest reading but it is not the lowest either.
The guidelines says 17-22 months on a first offence.
You can ask for the drink driving course to reduce the ban by one quarter if you do it within the specified time which is obviously a useful reduction given the length of this ban.
Sadly, a ban is mandatory for drink driving and there is no exceptional hardship test Im afraid.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am expecting a ban - I just wondered if the length is altered at all due to circumstances? And if I am working with children will this show up as a conviction on my record?
It is affected by the aggravating and mitigating factors of the offence but not of the offender.
The conviction will show up as you will be enhanced checked but it will not have any impact on that type of work as it doesn't endanger children.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you