How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son has split from his partener and taken their baby to

Customer Question

My son has split from his partener and taken their baby to live her mother and stepfather, her step father is aaccusing my son of being a paedophile to stop him having contact. How do we deal with this ? He has neighbours confronting him and feels concerned for his safety as it seems he has gone out of his way to tell people.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What has the step father based this on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


He says the police have told him this , but my son has no police record for this , he has seen his record and so have social services. The step father has been to my sons local shop and told them he is these things and we suspect also talk to neighbours on the quiet, considering the comments he is getting.