How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My grandsons were born in Australia. My daughter is English

This answer was rated:

My grandsons were born in Australia. My daughter is English and her husband is Australian. If my daughter wished to move back to the UK and my son-in-law did not want to join her would she be able to bring her sons with her?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
6 and 5
I am afraid that your daughter will need either her husband's agreement or an Order from the Australian Court allowing her to bring the children to the UK permanently.
Failure to do so could lead to the Uk courts being used to force her to return them.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you