How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Are there any property solicitors out there who can

Customer Question

hi, are there any property solicitors out there who can advise me what to do if i have had a high court enforcement officer visit me. i wasnt home (no one was) and he posted a letter which says i owe £288k ... for a shortfall in a buy to let proprty that was repossed and sold of cheap about 4/5 years ago...... im a local builder and live in a house worth 300k with a 210k mortgage..... he says if i dont pay the £288k (which i cant anyway physically) then they will remove my goods ( which wil amount to 2k at best) and maybe then force me to sell my house ..... what do i do ?? im guessing he isnt going to accept £500 per month or would he ?? Pls help ... im meeting him tomorow at noon at a friends place where i im renting a room as my wife and i are going through a trial seperation, she is at home with my 2 kids (aged 14 and 16) .... thanks

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Were you aware of the Court proceedings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Alex,

are you there ??

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am. Can you respond to the question above?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


no, nothing this came out of the blue, they (mortgage express) have been fairly quite over the last 5 years and then this .... wham i get hit with huge bill and high court enforcement officers visiting me...

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Are you in arrears?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

on my personal property yes i am by about 7k ....

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Have you applied to set aside? Are you in default of any Court order?