How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am a widow and am due to get married in July. My partner

Customer Question

I am a widow and am due to get married in July. My partner is a widower. We both have our own houses. My house was built by my late husband and is valued at a lot more money than my partner's house. He presently rents his house out. I want to ensure that my two children inherit the house that their Dad built. Would it be possible to transfer my house into their names. I still have a small mortgage on it which I could pay off if necessary. My partner has a substantial mortgage on his house (half the value of his house) with 18 years left to pay. he is presently 57. He has child of 17 who lives with us and another who is estranged. How do I go about ensuring that my children inherit what is rightly theirs?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Where do you intend to live together?