How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Organization has sold to me a vehicle which has been ''clocked''. It

This answer was rated:

Organization has sold to me a vehicle which has been ''clocked''.
It was advertised as 60.000 miles and in perfect condition but in fact it has done over 300.000. It has number of mechanical issues related to such high mileage and is at the end of it's life. I paid £11.550 on 08/04/2015. Seller is registered charity.
Evidence has been provided by Mercedes service centre in Edinburgh (Western Commercial) which checked warranty repair history for this vehicle and last repair has been done when vehicle has 280.000 miles.
Furthermore service history is forged. Listed repair centres never have seen this vehicle and never serviced it. Writing on all three service entries was done by the same person (Police officers opinion). Although on each, different pen have been used, it is identical writing character on each of them. All evidence is available to view.
I have requested refund over two weeks ago and despite my repeated reminders they ignored me.
I have reported this to police as this is criminal offence and there is hard evidence to prove their wrongdoing.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How much did you pay please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What will be the total cost for your service over the phone?

Cost of over the phone an additional £30.
What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

full refund

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm based in Scotland, seller in England, which law and which County Court will apply?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can you answer my question please.

You would issue in England using the above.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.