How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71146
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son is being harassed by an ex, girlfriend, she is 10 years

This answer was rated:

My son is being harassed by an ex, girlfriend, she is 10 years older than him and he has tried to break away because of her behaviour, she has hit him and locked him in the house for days, she is now texting him regularly saying she is going to kill herself and that's is his fault saying he will deprive a mother of her daughter and her niece of her Aunty - when I say regularly I mean multiple times a day, she is manipulative and I seriously think she has some sort of mental health problem, what can we do to stop this please, it's even more evil because my eldest son, Dan's brother took his own life 8 years ago, she knows this, it's making my son ill what can I do?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What is he hoping to do about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He just wants her to leave him alone -
Does he need to have contact with her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No - they don't have children if that's what you mean, and they don't work together or have any joint financial responsibilites
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
No answer in the time
If she is contacting him when he is not responding then he can just report the matter to the police as harassment.
He can also take out a civil injunction but there is cost in doing that whereas the police are free.
Ultimately that doesn't stop her contacting him but it gives him a cause of action against her if she continues to do so in breach of the orders
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would we be able to get a solicitors letter sent to her warning her of what might happen if she does not cease and desist from this behaviour
Yes, that will cost roughly £100 plus VAT. A barrister under public access might be cheaper.
It doesn't achieve anything the police can't do for free.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you